Skip to main content

My Way Of Seasoning Anything

Before you use one of my recipes, do skim through this post just to be safe in terms of my seasoning habits... Or you might just make either bland food or something as salty as the sea! I don't do measurements for seasoning and spices. It's all about the mood and my own likes and dislikes. A nice way of putting it is that I'm, 'artistic'. The real way of putting it is that I'm reckless... Unless I'm making a dish for someone else, I rarely stick to using the same spices each time.. The number of times I've an extra gingery dish or something too cinnamon-ey is not even worth calculating at this point... I'm getting off-point here but what I mean to tell you is that I have a very wide selection of spices and I really do try to use them in every way. And that means that I come up with combinations that are often new or just not widely used as far as I know... Or they just taste off. You can't always win and that's an important lesson. In

3 Bean Salad

Simplest healthy salad. Great for a park-nic!

Yields: 1 massive batch for 3-4 people to savour.


Ingredients

  1. 1 can of Black Beans (400-500 g)*
  2. 1 can of Red Kidney Beans (250-300 g)*
  3. 1 can of Black Eyed Peas (250-300)*
  4. 1 large Red Onion


Seasoning

  1. Large bush of Coriander- finely chopped, stalks and all
  2. Lots of vinegar (easy 5-6 tbsp or even more!)
  3. Salt
  4. Pepper


Instructions

  1. Rinse all of the beans clean in cold water and but them all in a large mixing bowl.
  2. Splash (generous amounts of) the vinegar all over the beans.
  3. Throw in the finely chopped coriander and season with salt and lots of pepper.
  4. Mix it all together.
  5. Et voilĂ ! You have accomplished your task.



Garnish/Serving Tips & Tricks

  • While serving it, you can garnish with some goat cheese or crumbs of feta.


*You don't have to use canned beans. You can just soak washed, uncooked beans overnight (I keep them soaked for 10 hours minimum). Then rinse them and cook them in a pressure cooker. This takes longer but also works. Your wish!

Comments